The discussions surrounding employee attraction, engagement, retainment and everything revolving around the entire employee experience is never going to go away as current trends in talent management are constantly evolving. Especially today, as the Millennial demographic dominates the workforce, combined with a historically low U.S. unemployment rate, this has put extra pressure on companies to improve key workflows within their talent management processes.
Why it’s Time to Refresh Your Talent Management Process
Your business is supported by the talent management strategy you employ. After all, the employees you hire can make or break the success of your business. It’s vital for employers to build a culture where demand for positions is fierce while creating a culture for current employees that makes them feel valued, continually challenged and can grow their skills organically.
To create this type of harmony within your talent management strategy, it’s important to consider the benefits of automating HR processes with cloud-based modules, systems or platforms to support your goals and initiatives for the future.
The touchpoints that fall under the talent management umbrella include:
- Recruitment – supported by an Applicant Tracking System (ATS)
- Performance Management
- Learning Management
- Succession Planning
With automated HR modules, you can improve your talent management processes that fall on both ends of the spectrum for both administrators and employees through a series of dedicated workflows.
- Utilize data to stay within compliance of government labor laws
- Generate reports to help evolve processes as trends continually change
- Easily configure specific rules and authorizations for each module in use
- Remove manual workflows to increase efficiencies
- Spend more time working on bigger objectives for their employer
- Enhanced recruitment experience includes:
- Shorter application process
- Automated communications to keep them up-to-date during the hiring process
- Personalized onboarding experience
- Ability to keep track of personal goals and objectives to help negotiate raises and bonuses tied to performance
- Continued learning opportunities to keep improving and increase skillsets
- Succession planning for those who have shown they are the future of the company
With the correct strategy implemented and the right cloud-based tools readily available, you can improve your talent management processes to build a stronger employer brand, attract the best talent while also retaining your best employees to support stronger business successes.
Current Trends in Talent Management
Employers are constantly finding new and intuitive ways to enhance the culture within the office while also increasing employment demand through innovative thinking and trial-and-error methodology. To improve your talent management processes, check out these rising trends discussed below.
1. Focus on evidence-based improvements
To improve processes within talent management, it’s important that the changes you make are backed up by evidence. The only way to get this is by tracking and analyzing the different datasets you acquire through the process(es) you currently employ. Automated HR solutions offer you the easiest way to keep track of data for various reporting efforts and improvements.
For example, if you wanted to improve your recruiting efforts, you could ask yourself the following questions:
- How long does it take the candidate to finish their application?
- Are they satisfied with how you communicated with them during the hiring process?
- Can our candidates apply on a mobile device?
- How is our background check process for them?
- Are our assessments applicable?
You should be able to narrow down specific questions within each talent management process you oversee which may include workflows from your recruitment, onboarding, performance, learning and succession planning efforts.
2. Create more transparency
A well-developed talent management strategy allows employers to enhance open transparency across the board for employees, which in turn, makes them feel respected and focused on their tasks. For example, performance management opens up the lines of communication between employees and management on what goals are working and which ones need improvement to support business objectives. The process helps to encourage conversations about employee development, what areas of their processes need improvement, how they can support the business in other ways and more.
Each process within talent management can be tied together to create greater efficiencies for the business. Recruiting, onboarding, performance, learning and succession all share data that can be used to enhance greater transparency and improve processes over time.
3. Focus on personalization
A common pain point today in any talent management process is “standardization.” Every employee is different. Different in the ways they operate, complete their work, discuss topics at meetings, how they research and more. Whether you’re searching for high-potential employees to plan for succession planning, building skillsets with learning management and/or utilizing mentorship programs; it’s important to scale it by the individual instead of by generic groupings.
By focusing on a more personalized talent management approach, you and your employees will benefit further with targeted workflows to support greater personal and business goals.
4. Stop scrutinizing employment gaps
Back in the day, during the recruiting process, many employers would see some type of “employment gap” in a candidate’s resume. Upon seeing that, they would disqualify them and toss their resume right in the trash. This was wrong on so many levels because:
- The recruiter didn’t know why they had these gaps, they were just trained to think gaps in employment were bad
- Every person is different and numerous life variables can lead to employment gaps
- Employment gaps don’t necessarily paint the whole picture and it certainly doesn’t disqualify them from skills they’ve developed over the years
Employers are missing out on great talent when they disqualify candidates solely based on a gap within their employment. It’s important for them to get the whole picture on these candidates before moving on in the process.
5. Establish bite-sized meetings to keep employees involved, informed and performing
Employers and managers should be running one-on-one meetings weekly, and/or monthly to reconnect with employees to give them feedback on how they are performing while checking their welfare, and to see if they have any questions or concerns that need to be addressed. Typically, since these conversations are on-going, employees and managers will be able to get on the same page to make whatever improvement(s) is needed quicker.
These meetings should be used in conjunction with the yearly performance review to help build stronger employees and create a culture of transparency and involvement.
With these current trends in talent management, you will be able to improve the various workflows within this umbrella of HR processes.
Arcoro Talent Management Solutions
To help you stay up-to-date with current trends in talent management, the cloud-based Arcoro HCM platform offers numerous automated HR modules that increase efficiencies and help promote a transparent work culture. Each module is scalable and unique to the requirements of the company that owns them. The talent management solutions available include:
- Applicant Tracking System
- Performance Management
- Learning Management
- Succession Planning
Each individual module streamlines the flow of data to help administrators and employees perform their essential tasks easier and faster. With over 300 partners integrated with Arcoro, clients are able to sync their technology with numerous HCM platforms, ERP systems, payroll providers, insurance carriers and other third-party applications to enhance their processes even further.
Arcoro’s complete HR platform
Aside from the talent management modules, Arcoro also offers cloud-based modules in “essential HR” processes. Those include:
- Core HR
- Employee self-service (Employee Portal)
- Workflow Management
- EZ Sign (electronic signature)
- Employee Record Management
- Benefits Management
- ACA Compliance
- Payroll Processing
- Time and Attendance
Schedule a demo to see how the Arcoro cloud-based HCM platform can improve your Talent Management, HR Management and Payroll Processing processed today.