When it comes to the recruitment process, many employers are still utilizing inefficient and outdated strategies when posturing potential candidates to work for them. Many of these tactics aren’t working today because they haven’t been tailored to fit a changing workforce that has shifted drastically around the use of technology. With many platforms, systems, modules, and applications available within the talent management marketplace today, employers can improve specific workflows with dedicated HR technology.
Uses of HR Technology to Improve the Recruitment Process
With HR automated solutions under the talent management umbrella, employers can find an array of modules or solutions that can help to enhance the recruiting process, onboarding, performance management, learning management and succession planning. All these processes can all be intertwined with one another through established integrations to create a seamless talent management experience for both administrators, managers and employees.
To enhance the recruitment process, employers are looking into an Applicant Tracking System (ATS) to automate key processes and create new efficiencies.
1. Simplify the application process for candidates
With a cloud-based ATS, employers are able to enhance the candidate experience by automating key workflows that help to shorten and simplify the entire recruitment process for applicants. To help support this reduction, an ATS will:
- Feature built-in integrations with top local, national and niche job boards; as well as sync with numerous social media channels for optimal sharing
- Remove the need for an applicant login which cuts down on the complexity and completion time, which helps to keep candidates moving forward
- Give candidates the ability to apply within minutes by cutting down on unnecessary steps and letting the system do the resume parsing
2. Automate communications to candidates to keep them in the loop
For many applicants, there’s nothing more frustrating than being left in the dark during the application process. Whether that be radio silence from the get-go, or if they’ve been having a positive dialogue with a recruiter to only get “ghosted” shortly after. When candidates are left with a bad taste in their mouth, it shows poorly on the employer’s reputation.
With a cloud-based ATS, HR administrators in charge of the recruitment process can configure automated communication rules based on specific steps achieved by the candidate. For example, after a candidate submits their application, they would then receive a communication notifying them that their data is being reviewed and what steps are next as they journey through the process.
3. Create a seamless recruiting to onboarding experience
Countless businesses today are beginning to tie-in their recruitment and onboarding efforts into a more singular, seamless approach. By doing this, it enhances the experience for incoming employees while creating greater efficiencies for the HR administrators in charge of the process.
By integrating a cloud-based onboarding module with their ATS, administrators can configure seamless workflows from one to the other. For example, after an automated communication goes out to a hired employee with documentation that needs to be signed and returned, an administrator would be able to configure automated workflows to extract data from the ATS and move the candidate into the onboarding module for orientation and beyond.
Benefits for Employers Who Enhance Their Recruiting Process with HR Technology
It’s not just the HR administrators and employees who win with HR technology to enhance the recruiting process; employers win too.
1. Employer brand grows stronger
Employer brand grows stronger over time when both accepted and denied candidates have a good experience during the recruitment process. Companies can increase brand awareness and strength with an ATS by:
- Sending automated communications at every step of the process for employees, whether they are hired or not
- Shortening the application process substantially, preventing candidates from becoming tired, frustrated and over encumbered
- Removing the need for logins; letting interested candidates apply and move on with their lives
- Creating a seamless recruiting to onboarding experience
With the help of these improvements, applicants who are hired or not will appreciate the time they saved with increased efficiencies and most importantly, that they were properly communicated to throughout the entire process.
2. Talent bench diversifies over time
Each-and-every candidate who applies through an ATS has their data stored. As employers acquire this data, they can go back and reassess them as new, or similar positions open up. Administrators can configure labels in the application in order to notify past candidates of any new openings specific to their skill set.
With an available talent bench at their disposal, employers can find the right people to fill in their open employment opportunities quicker.
3. Improve the process over time as data grows
Over time, employers will increase the amount of data they hold as positions to recruit for open up. The information stored holds a trove of insights that can be used to help improve the process, which in turn, will help them meet their greater business objectives and goals. Some questions administrators should be asking when evaluating their recruitment processes should include:
- How long does it take the candidate to finish their application?
- Are they satisfied with how they were communicated to during the hiring process?
- Can candidates apply on a mobile device?
- What does the background check process look for them?
- Are the assessments provided truly applicable?
By getting the answers to these questions, employers will have an easier time improving many different areas of need within the recruitment process.
The Arcoro Talent Management Solution
To help employers stay up-to-date with current trends in talent management, the cloud-based Arcoro HCM platform offers automated HR modules that increase efficiencies and help promote a transparent work culture. Each module is scalable and unique to the requirements of the company that owns them.
The talent management solutions available include:
- Applicant Tracking System
- Performance Management
- Learning Management
- Succession Planning
Each individual module streamlines the flow of data to help administrators and employees perform their essential tasks easier and faster. With over 300 partners integrated with Arcoro, clients can sync their technology with numerous HR/HRIS/HCM platforms, ERP systems, payroll providers, insurance carriers and other third-party applications to enhance their processes even further.
Arcoro’s complete HR solution
Aside from the talent management modules, Arcoro also offers cloud-based modules in “essential HR” processes. Those include:
- Core HR
- Employee self-service (Employee Portal)
- Workflow Management
- EZ Sign (electronic signature)
- Employee Record Management
- Benefits Management
- ACA Compliance
- Payroll Processing
- Time and Attendance
Schedule a demo to see how the Arcoro cloud-based HCM platform can improve your Talent Management, HR Management, and Payroll Processing processed today. For some more great resources regarding business needs, check out Consultants 500 Blog.